Full Complement Cylindrical Roller Bearings are manufactured in single and double row types by two major manufacturing brands, SKF and INA. Full Complement Cylindrical Roller bearings are manufactured without a cage separating the rollers, therefore carrying more load in a more compact envelope.
Single Row Full Complement Cylindrical Roller Bearings
Single Row full complement cylindrical roller bearings are designed to handle extremely high axial and radial loads. Full Complement type cylindrical roller bearings chiefly operate at lower speeds than those with cages but can be higher.
SKF and INA single row full complement cylindrical roller bearings are designed with a maximum number of rollers with no cage. The features and benefits for using single row full complement cylindrical roller bearings include:
- An extremely high load carrying capacity
- Being designed with a maximum number of rollers makes them suitable for very heavy radial loads
- High stiffness due to the increased number of rollers increasing radial stiffness
- The separable components of SKF and INA single row full complement cylindrical roller bearings are interchangeable within the brand
- Interchangeable components facilitate mounting and dismounting, which makes it convenient when doing maintenance inspections
- Usually have an exceptionally long extended service life when properly installed and maintained
Above are INA Cylindrical Roller bearings depicted with cage and without. One bearing (fig.2) shows a shoulder on the inner ring and two shoulders on the outer ring with a cage. The other bearing (fig.3) is a full complement type with no cage, having two shoulders on the outer ring.
Double Row Full Complement Cylindrical Roller Bearings
Full Complement bearings without a cage have two sets of rollers, the first set increases load carrying capacity while the second set of rollers increase radial stiffness. This type of bearing has a long service life.
An application example for Double row full complement cylindrical roller bearings is rope sheaves. The Full Complement Cylindrical roller bearing is designed to accommodate tilting movements and is suitable for crane and lifting device applications. Other uses include Material handling, Marine, Construction, and Oil & Gas.
Double Row Cylindrical Roller bearings are very suitable for different crane operating environments and are offered in pre-sealed and pre-greased units from the factory. The bearing can be manufactured to allow relubrication through the inner or outer ring, with the possibility of not using spacer rings for the inner ring and mating components available. Most manufacturers also offer optional black oxide coating, which is helpful in preventing bearing failures.